Hi all.

I am making progress with my DHC-6:

- added and animated controll surfaces and propellers
- added a simple livery (proof of concept)
- added a very optimistic FDM (behaves like I think it should)

Screenshots:
- http://thorben-mit-th.de/files/dhc6-alpha009.jpg
- http://thorben-mit-th.de/files/dhc6-alpha010.jpg
- http://thorben-mit-th.de/files/dhc6-alpha011.jpg

Download (yes, the file is GPL'd even if I forgot to say so inside):
- http://thorben-mit-th.de/files/dhc6-0509091.tar.gz

Solved Issues:
- I now know what messed up my uv-map and how to do it right

Problems:
- blender has problems with flipping normals to the outside of the model
automaticaly, so i had to do that by hand. It is likely that I overlooked a
surface or two...
- the animations in general and especially the propellers are still slightly
broken because I got the centers of rotation wrong but don't know how to get
the right ones
- I have no idea how to do a proper livery where stuff is in the right places
(except perhaps an awful lot of "trial and error" and guesswork)
- shadows are a bit broken (stuff shines through)

FDM:
I took b1900d's FDM and modified it with a good deal of estimating and
guesswork to resemble STOL flight characteristics. (You were right Curt, it
was much fun.) However it perhaps behaves a bit too well-tempered. I don't
know how DHC-6 reacts in real life, though I found some diagrams about the
wing but I don't know how to use the data. (look here:
http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/2000/CR-2000-209921-VOL1.pdf
http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/2000/CR-2000-209921-VOL2.pdf ) If you find
the gear reacts funny: I tried to make it as tough and bendy as I think it is
in real life.
Erik: I tried to use your jsbsim FDM frist, but I was too stupid to get that
to work...

Wanted:
- drawings and data, both FDM and cockpit related. (I don't need photos unless
they are highly detailed)
- good ideas/hints

What I will do next:
- some more animation, mostly gear related (turning wheels, bouncing,
steering)
- rough 3d frame of the cockpit
- wait for help on liveries.

You are all welcome to work on the stuff i already have, I am not afraid of
interference with the stuff I do myself... (survival of the fittest stuff:-))

Curt: I don't think that my DHC-6 is ready for CVS yet, not with this ugly
livery.

cheers,

Thorben