On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 10:06 +0100, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> I just wanted to note, that when it is clear, that it's a bug in ATI's
> drivers, someone should post a bugreport in the ATI driver Bugzilla:
> http://ati.cchtml.com/
> This is actually a place where driver developers are watching and a good
> chance that such bugs get fixed. Before posting, you should read the
> instructions at: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33799828
> which is btw. a thread in _the_ most useful forum for Linux using ATI
> card owners: http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88

I don't think it's ATI's binary driver fault. I have Ubuntu 5.10 with
open-source radeon driver for ATI Radeon 9250 SE. After compiling 0.9.9
and SimGear 0.3.9 the following messages are printed after fgfs startup:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] iso]$ /opt/fgfs/bin/fgfs
opening file: /opt/fgfs/share/FlightGear/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
/opt/fgfs/share/FlightGear/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
  Serial number of failed request:  40

Timo