On Thursday 05 Jan 2006 22:46, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
> >Hello Durk,
> >
> >Durk Talsma wrote:
> >>I still haven't firmly decided how ATC should interact with
> >> AI traffic, but that these systems should be integrated has
> >> always been part of my overarching design plan. Since my AI
> >> developments are based on extending the AIModels code, this
> >> would naturally move toward a fully integrated system.
> >
> >To me it's obvious why MP and AI are partially going to be
> > merged some day, because both are 'exterior' sources of
> > aircraft movement from the FlightGear users' point of view.
> > If you think of integrating ATC with AI as well, then please
> > keep in mind that a special situation arises because we are
> > unlikely to convince AI aircraft to listen to 'human' ATC
> > :-)
>
> Also, who ever is developing and working on the MP and AI
> code:
>
> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,
> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,
> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,
> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
>
> Please consider users with multiple display channels driven
> from multiple computeres synced together over the network.
>
> Nothing is more embarassing (well maybe I shouldn't say
> nothing) than demoing the new sim software on a 6 screen
> visual system flightgear based simulator and having 6
> independent ATC/Tower communications sessions going (one on
> each screen) and then having different airplanes appear on one
> screen and not on any of the others.
>
> Please consider some way to replicate the MP/AI traffic across
> multiple visual channels, perhaps slave from one master
> machine that communicates with the outside MP server.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Curt.

I was just wondering if pigeon's FG map web-site could be adapted
to function as a radar and had started to think about how it
might be nice to include AI traffic as well when the problem of
inconsistent AI aircraft that you mentioned above occurred to
me:)

Perhaps a possible solution would be for the MP server to
generate AI traffic and for local AI traffic to be switched off
when connected to an MP server.

For the multi-system type set-up you're using for your 6 screen
configuration there would have to be some way of nominating one
of the systems to take on the MP AI role, with the remaining
systems treating it as an MP server.

LeeE