> I like to think about things "algorithmically", but I know that others
> prefer to do manual touchups because you can build in so much more detail
> and correctness that way.  Some how we need to figure out how to bridge
> this
> divide and make it easy for people to be able to do manual changes to the
> airports if they like while still maintaining our ability to
> algorithmically
> regenerate the world when ever some new revision of one of our data sets is
> released.

That's the point Curt. I don't care about that now. That's not my aim in
any way. Your "algorithmic" approach suits well when thinking globally,
and you have to, because you provide a base to a global scenery
generation process; that has to follow strict, standardized rules.

All that is good but this thread is not about a new way to get the
global scenery regenerated with more details, it's about customizing
(with high level of freedom) just a few airports, juts the ones a few
people are especially interested into.

I see space for doing that, it's just about modelling geometry of
restricted world areas and integrating it with the already existing
terrain mesh; but tools around do not provide a way to develop it (I
mean taxidraw/fgsd, maybe even Terragear tools).

    Roberto