Hi Ampere,

Actually creating a cloaking device isn't that difficult,
having already experimented with transparency for the windows.
I created a patch for danube runabout, and put it here:
  http://www.geocities.com/sandreas41/data/danube_cloak_patch.zip

Press [TAB] to bring up the dialog menu to access it.
or press landing gear button on joystick.
(it was easiest to tap into, without rewriting the joystick.xml. But too easy
to press accidentally.)

It does create one side effect though, one that I may not figure out how to
get around, without some help.
Once the cloaking device is activated the first time, any non-textured surface
with color, becomes washed out, even Grey. unless in direct sunlight.

There is some effect from using Material:Transparency:alpha-property that
changes something it shouldn't. Unless it is a feature I don't understand.
Maybe the specularity? How can I access it to change it back?

Enjoy! :)

Stewart