On Thu 17 May 2007 22:28, Tim Moore wrote:
SNIP

> > The "Cull" is basically very high compared to  the other values but when
> > i fly over the sea (without tiles as i said in an other topic).
> > What is exactly the meaning of the "Cull" value ?
>
> It's hard to assign a meaning to these times in isolation, except to
> note that 16 milliseconds total is the magic number that gives you a
> frame rate of 60hz. The large cull time indicates poor scene graph
> layout; possibly there's a problem with transparent objects in your
> beautiful cockpit :) The large draw time vs. gpu time shows that the
> scene and model geometry could be grouped in larger batches.
>
> > I get ThreadingModel : SingleThreaded   , is it right ?
>
> Yes; I've forced all the OSG operations into one thread to start with.
> There is a lot of flexibility in that area, and we'll try multithreading
> things on multiprocessor machines.
>
> > Here a snapshot of the Stats http://perso.orange.fr/GRTux/OSG-Stat.jpg
> >
> > Regards
>
> Thanks! I'd love to know the details of that (aircraft, location, ...)
>
> Tim

Hello Tim,

May be that new test could be useful, and help to understand.

Every parameter are the same than these one used for the previous test,

only one diff

i did built SG/FG with an older OSG 1.9.4  10-april
With that one do get  a very good FPS with that one ( as said on a previous
topic).

the snapshot is there
 http://perso.orange.fr/GRTux/OSG_older-Stat.jpg

You can notice :
=> your patch gives that ugly sky (blue sky has vanished,  grey takes place)
It is not a problem because working nice without patch.

=> the cull was  with the previous test 35 more or less
 it is now 6.5 more or less.

DRAW and GPU have decreased dramatically (same Nvidia parameters, High
Quality, Anti aliasing setting 4x 9tap G, Anisotropic Filtering x4, Texture
sharpening ON)

Regards

--
Gérard