On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Anders Gidenstam wrote:

> One can already tow YASim aircraft using the air tow capability. It is
> also fairly easy to make liftless aircraft FDM configs for ground
> vehicles in JSBSim - I made a simple one for a mule / small tow truck
> yesterday. You can get it here:
> http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/misc/towtruck_fgfs.tar.gz

Btw. this doesn't mean I think a separate vehicle FDM is unnecessary or a
bad idea - building the type of FDM config I did is a mix of real and
fake physics that might not please everybody. It is also a bit tricky to
get to work just right (something I also can't claim to be able to
myself.. :).

OTOH one important question to consider is whether a vehicle FDM in
FlightGear should attempt to model real physics or be more like a
earth-bound UFO.

Cheers,

Anders