"Ampere K. Hardraade" wrote:

> I simply don't see vehicle simulation as a possible venture.
[...]
> So, I would suggest focusing resources on improving the flight aspect of the
> simulator instead.

Certainly. Yet we might try to define what the term "vehicle
simulation" should mean in the given context. Actually I don't expect
that people would like to use FlightGear just for sitting in a driving
sim, driving a car along the given roads - they're already doing it
every day in real life  :-)

What still might make sense is to place some simple AI objects into the
scene that automagically follow the given road/railroad tracks ....
but I'm uncertain if we need a dedicated FDM for that.

What _certainly_ could make sense one day is to have a manually driven
tow truck at airports - once we have a few more than just 20 persons
that participate in the MultiPlayer environment at the same time  :-)

        Martin.