Hi,

AnMaster wrote:
> So, could scenery be "mass generated" with this method for all parts of the
> word it exist for? I understand scenery would be larger but with terrasync I
> only need to get the part I fly over anyway (for "official" scenery).

The mass generation is our goal, but we are currently still in an
experimentation phase. The results, however, seem promising, as can be
seen in the Oshkosh scenery and the Berlin scenery. I am also working on
a rebirth of the South Germany scenery based on this approach, but as
for many contributors here, my time is limited and only sporadically
available in the required amounts. ;-)

>> The other part of the data is from the U.S. Census Bureau TIGER dataset,
>> which is highly detailed and accurate, but only available for the US (or
>> even only parts thereof, not sure currently).
> Ouch, I'm mostly interested in Europe (Sweden mainly).

Yeah, that's also our problem...

> OSGeo? Who are they?

http://www.osgeo.org/

It is the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, which organises a lot of
different OSS GIS projects as well as efforts to acquire freely
available geodata, such as our classification project.

> Also where can I get the scenery, the link "The scenery is available at
> ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_rag/scenery/landsat_oshkosh.";
> redirects to a German page (http://www.uni-duisburg-essen.de/materialtechnik/)
> that I can't read... :(

Ups, sorry, I though I had fixed that. The text gives the correct link
and the actual link should be fixed now.

Cheers,
Ralf