-----Original Message-----
> > That's simply amazing!  Now people can see what FlightGear is like
> > before downloading. :D
>
>     Heh. Perhaps.
>

>     At the moment it is mesa software GL rendering at 16bpp. Seems to
be a limitation with Xvfb glx even if I run it
> at 24bpp and start FG with --bpp=24. Though I haven't looked into this
close enough yet. Not to mention that Xvfb
> (the version I'm using) seems to crash every now and then, too.
>

>     Anyway, at the moment it seems to mean no shadow, no 3d clouds,
etc.
> On the other hand I have also seen glitches with some aircraft
(Concorde is one of them iirc)

>     Sometime later I will try to use the i945 on my server and see how
it goes. It hasn't been used at all
> (graphics/3d wise). What a waste :)
>

> Pigeon.

When looking at it yesterday, I noticed that one aircraft (in Europe
somewhere perhaps, I didn't recognise it, and I forgot to note the
Lat/Lon) was sitting on a runway in the map view, but floating above a
vast ocean in the video view. I guess this means that the video source
does not have all the scenery loaded. Is this on your todo list?

Richard