First real voice communication radio for FlightGear version 1.0 available!

About a year ago I asked my first few questions about integration of a voice
communcation kit for FlightGear based on VoIP on this list. After some tests
and a client written in Perl (and iaxcli in the backgroud as the VoIP client)
I now release version 1.0 of "fgcom".

1.0 means not: "No bugs!". It means that this is my first (relatively) stable
running version.

This one is written in C and uses the VoIP protocol IAX2 in combination with an
Asterisk server. For more about the functionality read on at:

        http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/technical_description

For running this client you have to compile the sources. For installation
instructions look at:

        http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/fgcom-manual

Note: Currently this is tested only on Linux (Debian (lenny)). It will work on
Linux and it _should_ work on M$-Windows and OSX - if you have the needed
development environment and libraries.

Perhaps it will be a little bit difficult to get everything running with the
Linux sound architecture alsa. Please let me know where are the problems,
or if everything works out of the box.

You need a voice account for full functionality. Please write an email and I
can set up one (in the next days - until than you can use the guest
account).

You can download the tarball at:

        http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/fgcom#download

Have fun,

Holger

--
#####  #### ##  ##   Holger Wirtz         Phone : (+49 30) 884299-40
##  ## ##   ### ##   DFN-Verein           Fax   : (+49 30) 884299-70