Holger Wirtz wrote:
> First real voice communication radio for FlightGear version 1.0 available!
>
> About a year ago I asked my first few questions about integration of a voice
> communcation kit for FlightGear based on VoIP on this list. After some tests
> and a client written in Perl (and iaxcli in the backgroud as the VoIP client)
> I now release version 1.0 of "fgcom".
>
> 1.0 means not: "No bugs!". It means that this is my first (relatively) stable
> running version.
>
> This one is written in C and uses the VoIP protocol IAX2 in combination with
> an
> Asterisk server. For more about the functionality read on at:
>
>       http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/technical_description
>
> For running this client you have to compile the sources. For installation
> instructions look at:
>
>       http://squonk.abacab.org/dokuwiki/fgcom-manual
>
> Note: Currently this is tested only on Linux (Debian (lenny)). It will work on
> Linux and it _should_ work on M$-Windows and OSX - if you have the needed
> development environment and libraries.

The major obstacle to building this on any other platform (even any
other linux distribution) is your use of the debian libgsm1 package. The
upstream source for this builds *only* a static library - fgcom expects
this to be available as a dynamic lib. I've got an etch machine
available, so I'll try building on that later.

Jon