Tatsuhiro Nishioka wrote:
> AnMaster,
>
>> I could code it during xmas, however it would be in the language I know best
> : C#
>> for mono using GTK#.
>>
>> I would not be able to integrate the feature with either fgrun or fgfs direc
> tly.
>> It would be a stand alone program. If you wanted: a fgfs protocol (using nas
> al
>> maybe) + C# daemon.
>
> It doesn't have to be embedded in fgfs or fgrun, but can be a separated progra
> like yours or GUI launcher on each platform at this moment as long as the pack
> age description is properly defined.
>
> So I guess what we need to discuss is not the program itself but the format of
>  description.
> I'd like to help on this. I also want to make some sample description and samp
> le program
> of this feature on Mac OS X if I have some spare time at around the end of thi
> s year.

Client requesting an xml file from server seems the best way to go.

A draft of format:
<aircrafts>
  <aircraft>
    <name short="A-10">Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II</name>
    <download href="path/to/archive" />
    <thumbnail href="path/to/tumbnail" />
    <works-with>
      <version>0.9.11</version>
      <version>0.9.12</version>
    </works-with>
    <description>
      Blah blah blah. Blah blah!<br />
      blah blah.
    </description>
  </aircraft>
  <aircraft>
    <name short="Lightning">English Electric Lightning</name>
    <download href="path/to/archive" />
    <thumbnail href="path/to/tumbnail" />
    <works-with>
      <version>0.9.10</version>
      <version>0.9.11</version>
      <version>0.9.12</version>
    </works-with>
    <description>
      Something here. Whatever. blah.
    </description>
  </aircraft>
</aircrafts>

Description could maybe allow some limited html (<br />, <h1/2/3...>, <a> and
maybe a few more)?

Version information may need a better format. Maybe blacklisting versions. Maybe
osg/plib info. Maybe other stuff too.

Regards,

Arvid Norlander