After some discussion on IRC (AJ pointed out that plural of aircraft is
aircraft, and andy noted that <PropertyList> may be a more fg-style top node), I
suggest that either change the top node to something else, or call it
<PropertyList> and go the whole way and make it simgear style <PropertyList> and
change subnodes to be fg compatible too.

Regards,

Arvid Norlander

AnMaster wrote:

> Tatsuhiro Nishioka wrote:
>> AnMaster,
>
>>> I could code it during xmas, however it would be in the language I know best
>> : C#
>>> for mono using GTK#.
>>>
>>> I would not be able to integrate the feature with either fgrun or fgfs direc
>> tly.
>>> It would be a stand alone program. If you wanted: a fgfs protocol (using nas
>> al
>>> maybe) + C# daemon.
>> It doesn't have to be embedded in fgfs or fgrun, but can be a separated
>> progra
>> like yours or GUI launcher on each platform at this moment as long as the
>> pack
>> age description is properly defined.
>
>> So I guess what we need to discuss is not the program itself but the format
>> of
>>  description.
>> I'd like to help on this. I also want to make some sample description and
>> samp
>> le program
>> of this feature on Mac OS X if I have some spare time at around the end of
>> thi
>> s year.
>
> Client requesting an xml file from server seems the best way to go.
>
> A draft of format:
> <aircrafts>
>   <aircraft>
>     <name short="A-10">Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II</name>
>     <download href="path/to/archive" />
>     <thumbnail href="path/to/tumbnail" />
>     <works-with>
>       <version>0.9.11</version>
>       <version>0.9.12</version>
>     </works-with>
>     <description>
>       Blah blah blah. Blah blah!<br />
>       blah blah.
>     </description>
>   </aircraft>
>   <aircraft>
>     <name short="Lightning">English Electric Lightning</name>
>     <download href="path/to/archive" />
>     <thumbnail href="path/to/tumbnail" />
>     <works-with>
>       <version>0.9.10</version>
>       <version>0.9.11</version>
>       <version>0.9.12</version>
>     </works-with>
>     <description>
>       Something here. Whatever. blah.
>     </description>
>   </aircraft>
> </aircrafts>
>
> Description could maybe allow some limited html (<br />, <h1/2/3...>, <a> and
> maybe a few more)?
>
> Version information may need a better format. Maybe blacklisting versions.
> Maybe
> osg/plib info. Maybe other stuff too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arvid Norlander