On Saturday 12 January 2008 21:12, LeeE wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008 15:28, Curtis Olson wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2008 7:09 PM, LeeE wrote:
> > > Spoke too soon - I thought I'd update SG & FG from cvs before
> > > trying this and now FG won't get past the 'loading scenery
> > > objects' phase.
> >
> > My understanding is that OSG 2.2.0 and earlier has some bugs
> > that cause problems with the new OSG random objects code.
> > Using OSG 2.3.1 or newer should fix the problem for you,
> > otherwise there is an environment variable you can set, but
> > you'll have to dig the archives to find it, I don't recall what
> > it is off the top of my head.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Curt.
>
> Doh! - didn't think of that.
>
> >From just a quick check, removing the explicit call to build()
> > after
>
> init() in reinit() seems to work here:)
>
> New configs seems to be read in ok when the autopilot is updated
> via the menu - I deliberately drove an controller into
> oscillating and backed it back out again.  Didn't notice the
> filter
> output 'oscillating' either.  That was just a few minutes check
> though - bit short of time atm.
>
> Can some other people try the same change in xmlauto.xml (comment
> out/remove the call to build() at line 801) and confirm it's ok?
>
> LeeE

Oops - forgot to mention also that with '--log-level=info' the

 'Processing registration HA-LHA with callsign MAH096/5'

type messages still seem to be continuously output.  Is this right?

It makes the output from --log-level=info pretty useless because
everything else is scrolled away - I use a 2k line scroll buffer
but even so, anything from start-up is very quickly lost.

LeeE