Hi all,

Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>  I think the v1.0 release has seen a step-change in the use of FG.
>
>  There are a large number of new (often quite young) users who are
>  generally inhabit the forums rather than the lists. They are tending
>  to use MP all the time, as it is part of their expectations of the
>  system (I'm guessing because they have a background in games like
>  World of Warcraft).

Yes the average profile of our users is changing (as the hardware they
use) the forums shows much more hi definition and cosmetic
features requests than lower hardware use requests.

It seems that for those who fly mostly on MP, the AI model should
have a good definition and a complete set of external animations.
Also the AI aircrafts should have a good external texturing (like our
standard 512*512 to 1024*1024 texture). Note that users begin to
propose huge textures and that reflects a need.

About modeling a new model for AI aircrafts:
I agree with AJ and I would prefer not to. I would better think about
a new XML file to be read at first on MP loading so FG just load a
simplified model without the cockpit and all the avionic nasal,
also it disable unnecessary external animations.

>  Given this, making all the aircraft easily and cheaply available of
>  MP seems a no-brainer to me. IMO the argument is really about how
>  large these aircraft should be, and whether they should be part of
>  the release base-package or not.

About where to put AI aircrafts.
Yes there is no point in putting too many thing in the base package.
who wants to D/L the whole army stuff while setting up a
C172 simulator for the local Aero Club ?
And for those who like to play RedFlag, its more a fun to fetch here
and there "addons" to complete their "game" (thats quite a marketing
"plus").

About scenery:
I committed recently 2 *very* low poly aircraft in data/Models/Aircraft.
The Aircraft models here are intented to be there for static display on
scenery airports, they are 250 to 600 KB sized and don't have any
animation. A realistic airport could have tenth of them dispatched
every where, That is compatible with AI Traffic which use nicer
and animated models.

That's all,

Alexis