Am Mittwoch, den 23.07.2008, 15:22 +0200 schrieb Erik Hofman:
> Detlef Faber wrote:
>
> > This is most likely sorting order. I usually fix this by putting the
> > transparent parts in a seperate xml file and load it at the very end of
> > my model.xml file. This works with plib too.
> >
> > Avoid transparent parts in textures. Weird things can happen.
>
> Ok, thanks for the hint.
> I agree transparency in textures isn't all that great (I've been
> fighting problems caused by them from day one) but it allows me to add
> different markings to the same aircraft and they can be of a higher
> resolution that the skin that way.
>
> If you have any suggestions on how to do this without transparent
> textures I would be pleased to know.

In the eurofighter I copied only the faces which will contain the
Markings to a seperate object, remapped it and put a transparent texture
containing the markings on it.
The Drawback is, the decal faces need to be above the fuselage wing
surface to be seen.

> Erik

Detlef Faber

http://www.sol2500.net/flightgear