Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > Be advised that the texture repeat parsing of the osg ac3d loader
> > plugin changed on 3rd of october. This means, textures without a
> > "texrep" value will not repeat any more. This might affect texture
> > animations, such as in the case of kx165 (patch attached).
>
>  Thanks. This is a bad thing and good to know. A quote from the ac3d
>  file format: <quote> *texrep %f %f
>
>  Optional - default 1.0,1.0 . The texture repeat values for the
>  tiling of a texture on an object's surfaces. </quote>
>
>  So a missing attribute shall default to 1.0/1.0 and does so in AC3D.
>  This will break many texture animations for models created in AC3D.
>  After editing a .ac file in AC3D that has texrep 1.0 1.0 entries for
>  objects, these go away after saving the file.
>
>  I consider this a bug in the osg ac3d loader.
>
>  Anyway - your patch is applied and I hope I allways remember to
>  restore the attribute manually after modifying.

This is really annoying, mostly because we will have to re-edit the files
after each modification in a 3D editor which do not support "texrep".

Some editors seem to support "texrep" some other don't. The very
last version of AC3D doesn't.

I'm not optimistic about OSG reverting this feature. The bug is
kind of an inconsistency in the way different 3D editors use the AC3D
format.

Did some one think about an upstream solution which would prevent
editing the models files ? What do you guys think about this problem ?

Greetings, Alexis