On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Csaba Halász wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> > A quote from the ac3d file format:
> > <quote>
> > *texrep %f %f
> >
> > Optional - default 1.0,1.0 .  The texture repeat values for the tiling of
> > texture on an object's surfaces.
> > </quote>
> >
> > So a missing attribute shall default to 1.0/1.0 and does so in AC3D.
> > This will break many texture animations for models created in AC3D.
> > After editing a .ac file in AC3D that has
> > texrep 1.0 1.0
> > entries for objects, these go away after saving the file.
> >
> > I consider this a bug in the osg ac3d loader.
>
> Ah, ok, I didn't know that. I'll post an email to the osg list, see if
> we can have it reversed.

I think you could make a pretty strong argument that the most recent version
of AC3D modeler "defines" the most recent official version of the .ac file
format.  Any attempts to change or extend the format outside of AC3D I think
are misguided and cause more problems than they solve ...

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/