On samedi 08 novembre 2008, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * gerard robin -- 11/5/2008 4:27 PM:
> > Though, that nasal "Terrain" script could be part of the FG generic nasal
> > script , won't it be useful elsewhere (AI animation ? for instance)
>
> This script continously updates a property which tells if the aircraft's
> origin (usually the nose, sometimes other points) is over solid ground
> or water. This is really a "random" point, and whether the aircraft's
> nose is over water or not doesn't usually mean much.
>
> What would be useful is to know whether contact points (especially
> landing gear) are over water. But this is something that the FDM glue
> code has to care for (JSBSim.cxx). It can query everything we know
> about the terrain beneath from the ground cache, just like YASim.
> That's a sample of what info is available about any terrain (~ texture)
> type:
>
>   { light_coverage: 0, bumpiness: 0.5999999999999999,
>     load_resistance: 1e+30, solid: 0,
>     names: [ "Lake", "Pond", "Reservoir", "Stream", "Canal" ],
>     friction_factor: 1, rolling_friction: 1.5
>   }
>
> Would be nice if JSBSim would consider the ground properties in the
> gear code, but it should at least publish those values that are needed
> for sinking effects or rumbling sound.
>
> terrain.nas is only a workaround for this omission. If you want to
> know about terrain properties at other points, just use the geodinfo()
> function directly (but not too often, to avoid expensive terrain
> intersection tests).
>
> m.

Is it it on purpose that you deviate my explanation , or you don't you
understand what i said ?

I Don't said that JSBSim  devel wont include these information, with a
specific development in it .

I only said that the information in anycase is missing when why are not using
any FDM, AI model don't use it (wad my first remark), and missing when we are
within YASIm  which is suppose to have it ( was my second remark ).

YES, missing when we are using YASim , i want to improve my rescue animation
and avoid that the rescued person is not digging solid.
WHERE  is the property which say that the aircraft is on solid or on water ?

May be you don't know.......  but the rescue op  im talking about, is with
helicopter and helicopter is using YASIm FDM

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire