The lever on the left of the Gnome-engined Camel cockpit might look like a
throttle, but in fact is more properly a fuel control lever, which was used
during starting and for small speed adjustments in flight. While we have
modelled the blip switch, which was used to control engine speed in the
approach, it is also true to say that we haven't completely correctly
modelled the action of the "throttle" in the FDM. Perhaps we could do more
work on this, but I'm not sure anyone would notice the subtle difference.

On the other hand the Bentley-engined Camel did have a proper throttle, a
push-pull lever on the right of the panel. We probably model the action of
this engine more accurately than the Gnome whose cockpit we portray. AJ and
I did discuss this issue a while back, and then got immersed in other
issues.

Of course, the Camel was difficult to fly in RL as in the Sim, and perhaps
we don't want to make it any more difficult.

Vivian