> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Martin Spott <martin.sp...@mgras.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Csaba,
> >
> > The patch you're proposing indeed saves us/me from the segfault due
> > a file not being present - which is definitely a good start.
>
> That was all I intended. If a file is missing it is a broken airplane
> config, the best we can do is exit gracefully.
>
> --
> Csaba/Jester

The C310 is one of the aircraft that - in the JSBSim cvs repository - is
used for extensive testing of JSBSim operation. There is a need for an
autopilot for the aircraft to be able to fly out the tests. The autopilot
file is expected to be found in the same directory as the C310.xml file.
However, at this time, there has been no work to hook up the autopilot
commands in FlightGear to the relevant capabilities in the JSBSim C310, the
way it stands in our CVS repository. So, the expected procedure would be to
comment out or delete the relevant lines in the C310.xml file before issuing
it to the FlightGear CVS repository. Then, the C310 would be controlled by
the well-established FlightGear a/p and there would be no confusion. I
should have commented out the few lines in the C310 config file that should
be removed prior to placing it in a FlightGear release.

Removing (commenting out using <!-- ... -->) the reference to the
<autopilot> </autopilot> element is a good start, and then subsequently
commenting out any reference to properties that are named with an "ap/"
prefix should finish the job. These properties are defined in the autopilot
file that has been commented out.

Eventually, I think there will be a more graceful handling of this
situation, which may include leaving in a full-featured a/p capability that
is compatible with flightgear needs, and which would provide an alternative
a/p if desired, but ignored if not referenced.

Jon

Jon S. Berndt
Development Coordinator
JSBSim Project