* Diogo Kastrup -- Monday 02 February 2009:
> This patch started just for fun to see if I could help this sliding
> problem, that annoyed me a lot since I love flying helicopters.

A true fix would indeed be nice.

> The problem is that I have to keep the stuck point moving with the carrier
> but the carrier "update" is not on the same frequency than the FDM
> "update".

A dependency on the AI update rate would probably not be very
welcomed. BTW: I just tried my lift-thruster hack on the Nimitz,
and it didn't work very well there, either.  :-/

Didn't JSBSim have a similar problem, and fix it there? By using
a different method for friction calculation at very low speeds?
You should be able to get the relative movement to the underground
(no matter if it's solid ground or a moving carrier) from the
ground cache. Not that I've any experience with that.

m.