"Jon S. Berndt" <jonsber...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> * Jon S. Berndt -- Tuesday 03 February 2009:

>> > It's a tough problem, [...[
>>
>> Maybe we should hire a rocket scientist?  :-]

> With our *huge* budget? :-)

I may also remind of this related posting, written late in November
2007:

Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] slip angle

"Jon S. Berndt" <j...@hal-pc.org> wrote:

> Yes. I have looked at car dynamics casually. It would be nice to get
> one of those guys onboard.

Well, just very few years ago 'we' (TM) had a patch in our budget that
would have allowed JSBSim to do excellent simulation of a tire's
contact area. Some of us have seen with their own eyes that the guy
(the submitter of the respective patch) obviously knows about how to
properly deal with the topic.

Nevertheless we have not yet seen any public statement why the patch
finally never made it into JSBSim ....  and why FlightGear is therefore
still suffering from the mentioned issues. I'd be happy to know a
little bit more about why the patch had been rejected.
In which way does the development style have to be changed in order to
allow for such contribution ?

Cheers,
        Martin.