Em Qui, 2009-02-05 às 11:34 +0000, Martin Spott escreveu:
> To put it a bit provoking (no personal offense intended!) for the sake
> of getting the status right, this looks to me that we're never going
> have this feature of proper tire/ground reaction simulation in
> FlightGear simply because the involved folks prefer to play around
> with
> smaller, 'approximative' workarounds forever instead of biting the
> bullet just once. Right ?

As far as I know, this spring and damper around a stuck point is the
method used even on race simulators. The best way to explain its
principle is to compare it to the flexibility of the wheel rubber and
the gear structure itself. After all fixed body physics don't really
exist.

Right now my code uses a 1cm long spring, it is not that much and I
believe it could be reduced even more. To really give the best result
with every plane, more information on the gear, and changes to the
aircraft definition format, would be required. What I think may be
acceptable.

The bigger problem with this approach is the Carrier, but I don't see
why it shouldn't work. Although I haven't got it working so far. I hope
this can be solved soon, so I can send the patch as a proof of concept.
IMHO it is working pretty well on land.

Diogo