Csaba, thank you very much for testing. See my comments below.

Em Seg, 2009-02-23 às 04:59 +0100, Csaba Halász escreveu:
> I tested with the bo105 on solid ground first. It doesn't move an inch
> with engines shut down. During startup, it doesn't turn either. The
> s76c (which has wheels instead of skids) vibrates during startup (we
> can call that realistic ;))

That is weird, I will try to find out why. After a quick look, I am
concerned about the values of the spring and compression in the
definition file of the s76c. The static friction value is very high
also. I will do some tests...

(...)
> Apparently it happens because I have the carrier stationary. Setting
> it into motion, the bo105 starts up fine. With the s76c the carrier
> sails out from underneath even with the parking brake on (which is the
> default). With the v22, it only happens with the brakes off, which
> seems right. Setting the wind so that it cancels out the relative wind
> due to motion makes the v22 stay in place even with brakes off.
> Haven't tried maneuvering the Nimitz yet.
>
> The s76c problem might be an aircraft specific issue and the
> zero-speed carrier error sounds easy to fix. All in all it looks quite
> good so far.

How can I set the carrier speed to zero? :) I would like to reproduce it
here. Anyway, I think that moving the following lines to inside the "if
(_slipping)" loop around line 650 in Gear.cpp solves it:

        // Get the direction of movement
        float dir[3];
        Math::unit3(cv, dir);

The carrier sailing out from underneath is strange, it looks like the
groundcache can't finding a intersection with the ground for these
aircrafts and it is using a fallback value. Can someone check if this
happens without my patch also? I will try to find out why this is
happening.

Regards,

Diogo