Although getting osg from cvs rang a bell with me, I'm not sure if
those commands were ever on one of the FG sites: they relate back
to when OSG was still hosted on sourceforge, as the link below
shows...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openscenegraph/develop

However, OSG moved from sourceforge to its own site in 2003.  OSG
was first discussed here during early August 2003, but I'm not sure
if that was before or after OSG had moved from sourceforge to
openscenegraph.org.

In any case, Mathias Fröhlich didn't announce his work in porting it
until late October 2006, so it's difficult to imagine why there
would have been instructions on the FG sites for getting the 2003
sourceforge osg vintage when it would have already been hosted at
openscenegraph.org for more than three years.

I should apologise for suggesting that FG was providing faulty
instructions, but I still think that the 'note' was unnecessary as
all it achieved was to aggressively suggest that the poster was
lazy or stupid.

Sure, people can be lazy _and_ stupid, but I can't see that
attacking them for being so is the best way to do anything about
it.

LeeE