On Tuesday 22 September 2009 14:04:16 Jon S. Berndt wrote:
> This looks much more problematic:
>
> http://www.flightprosim.com/disclaimer/

"copyrighted under United States and other World Wide Patents"
A little confusion of totally different laws...

But interestingly from the front page:
"There is no one company who published this software. It is a cooperative
flight simulator development project. There are a wide range of people
interested and participating in this project. This is truly a global effort
with contributors from just about every continent. Interests range from
building a realistic home simulator out old airplane parts, to university
research and instructional use."

The page and name looks and sounds somehow familiar. Haven't we had them
before?

> > From: Jon S. Berndt [mailto:jonsber...@comcast.net]
> > Subject: Another FlightGear Package for Sale: Illegal?
> >
> > We all know by now that under certain conditions one can sell open
> > source software packages such as FlightGear. However, it seems to me
> > that this web site is problematic in several ways,
> >
> > - copyrighted screen captures may be used
> > - company names are used (Boeing, Airbus, etc.)
> > - I don't see any mention that the code can be downloaded anywhere

1 and 2 are bad. 3 is no problem, since only on delivery they have to include
the source code or a written offer to supply it.

Since they are advertising the multi player feature: how about periodically
broadcasting a message via MP servers that users are using free software
called FlightGear available at flightgear.org?

Stefan