Before you guys have a knee-jerk response that poisons the atmosphere you
need to take a deep breath, re-read the statement from FlightProSim, and
make some constructive remarks - and it might not hurt to re-read the
license under which we operate.

First, the most recent email from FlightProSim states: "as we can not code
in house hopefully our contribution of money will help the project."

Second, I'm sure a lot of open source projects would love to have this kind
of support.

I think it's an idea to be appreciated - don't make it more complicated than
it is. It might be a way to appreciate your fellow developers, as well.
There are obviously some details to work out, but surely those are minor
issues compared to creating FlightGear in the first place, no?

Jon