On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Tim Moore <timo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> "3D panel" does not mean that you need a 3D view of the cockpit to see the
> instruments.

I guess I've never seen an example of anyone configuring an orthographic
view in FlightGear, but I'm sure it's doable.  Do we have configuration
level support for this, or would it be a coding exercise?  The other part is
that the designer would need to carefully align the panel surface orthogonal
to the view direction to assure there is no warping of the panel relative to
the view plane, again, should be a relatively simple task, but would need to
be done and need to be thought about.  So it's definitely a solvable
problem, but there are several extra steps, and I haven't seen an example to
work from within FlightGear.  And generally, if it's never been done before,
the first person blazing the path will typically run into some unexpected
surprises.

Regards,

Curt.
--