On Monday 05 October 2009 22:34:01 Thomas Betka wrote:
>I really didn't hear many
> people even mention the IFR training opportunity that is being missed
> with FG; shoot, most people I talked to 1-2 years ago (when I was
> trying to learn how to modify the 2D panel in the 172) couldn't
> understand why I was even wasting my time by not going 3D!

We understood and understand perfectly what you were trying to achieve, and
having plenty of experience in the task knew that it was not only possible to
achieve it with "3D" instruments, but that it would be easier, quicker and
more flexible.

You're always welcome to ignore good advice and plod on doing things any
sub-optimal way you please... but it's fairly bad manners to dismiss those
who give that advice as uncomprehending idiots.

AJ