Am Dienstag, den 06.10.2009, 13:58 -0500 schrieb Curtis Olson:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Detlef Faber <fa...@sol2500.net>
> wrote:
>         The german section of Openoffice.org contains such a warning
>         too. I
>         would really appreciate this. And we could stop the
>         advertising of this
>         product on the FlightGear site.
>
> I can look into it, but I'll say this purely from a
> humorous/hypothetical perspective: if anyone understands how adsense
> work, any time one of us clicks on his ad, it costs him money, but
> google has very sophisticated filters to catch this any many other
> kinds of abuse so a single person can't do much on that front.

Adsense offers the option to list websites of competitors that shall not
appear on the own site.

> I can't bring myself to be this sleazy and it wouldn't reflect
> positively on the flightgear project (but it's fun to think about) :-)
> so what if I could add some text that says: if the ad in this box is
> from xyz.com, click on it as many times as possible, email all your
> contacts to also click on it, but make sure you don't buy anything.  I
> shouldn't even think things like that, let alone post them ... !

This would clearly be a violation of Googles AdSense Rules.

But I guess a note to Users of FlightProsim to let them know their
rights (e.g to legally give a copy of this product to everyone who might
want one) or spread where to get new versions for free would be
perfectly legal.

Greetings

> Curt.
>
> --