On 9 Oct 2009, at 01:06, Curtis Olson wrote:

> Is there still a missing connection in the code, or is the missing
> connection in my head? :-)

Given that there is probably a beta coming up, I've just committed a
'fix' (more like a hack, but it's all about your point of view) that
restores the critical connection from the route-manager to the AP. It
should even work for altitudes (un-tested!). The behaviour can be
disabled via a new config-flag, so realistic systems can stop the
route-manager upsetting them, but the default value is 'on', for
minimal surprise to existing users.

Note I haven't (yet) fixed the filtering, so starting at KLAX one does
still get the heliport, I'll fix that in the next day or two. Since
the dialog updating bug is fixed, you can now enter KLAX->KPHX, hit
'activate', and use true-heading-hold in the generic AP as before.
(Note the route-manager doesn't calculate some values until you are
airborne, at present, to avoid numerical weirdness when speed and
heading are unclear).

I may also make the GPS fully generic, and then add a similar config
flag (or more likely, share it) so that any aircraft can use the
functionality - again, this will take a couple of days for me to
convince myself about the ramifications for modelling realistic devices.

Regards,
James