On 21 Dec 2009, at 18:10, Peter Brown wrote:

> One note on using route manager - in a 12/13 CVS - if includes the departure
> airport as a waypoint automatically.  If you "activate" it on the ground it
> will move past it on the takeoff roll and proceed to the next waypoint.  If
> you don't activate it until in the air it will circle back to the departure
> airport as the first waypoint.

I thought I'd fixed that back at the start of October, soon after the initial
commit - Curt complained that h couldn't start a route 'in-air' so I removed
the need for departure/destination airports.

Ah, I get it - you're specifying a departure airport, but then not activating
the route until airborne.

Hmm.

I'm not sure that's actually a bug. Activating a route starts a leg to the
first waypoint ... regardless of wether that's 'behind' you in the route or
anything. In real-life I'd activate the route, then select the enroute waypoint
I wanted to 'start' from, and 'DTO' on it, to head straight there - that's
exactly how I fly departures where ATC vector me, then clear me to a SID
waypoint.

What do you think would be a sensible course of action, in the situation you
describe? Even if I choose not to add the departure airport for in-air route
activation, there's no guarantee that the first route waypoint is where you
actually want to be going.

Regards,
James