On 02/03/2010 02:00 AM, Tim Moore asked:

>>  Do you still get it now, after the shader errors have
>> (hopefully) been banished?

On 02/03/2010 10:18 AM, I replied

> Three answers:
>
> 1) The shader issue is greatly improved.  No more nasty
>  shader-related error messages on the console.  This is
>  an improvement at all airports, not just JFK, whereas
>  the memory hemorrhage was observed only at JFK.
>
> 2) The memory issue is improved.  I no longer observe
>  the 144 megabytes per minute steady hemorrhage.  The
>  "RES" number goes rather quickly to about 900 megs
>  and sits there.

Alas I need to change my answer.

The shader-related error messages are still gone, but the
memory hemorrhage is not gone.  Just now the RES number
ramped up to 1.8 gigs in less than 10 minutes.  This is
a Bad Thing.

FWIW, this is with
  --prop:/sim/rendering/shader-effects=false

I have to set that false if I want to get anything useful
done, because of the dreaded "dark pall".
  http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/htm/bug-list.htm#bug-dark-pall
but that's a separate issue.

Also BTW I noticed that when I command the sim to exit,
several seconds elapse before it actually exits.  The engine
sound continues during most of this time.  I conjecture that
it takes billions of CPU cycles to call the destructors on
whatever is filling up those gigabytes.