Hi Heiko,

Heiko Schulz wrote:

> So we maybe needs a list of rules what we can do, waht we shall not to do
> etc...

The question is wether contributors are inclined to follow these
guidelines. Basically this is most likely to end up in the maintainers
being the target of nasty accusations - like the one on this very list:

"My [...] scenery is downloadable but not included into Jon
Stockill's database as it has been offered but *rejected* by one of the
maintainers of this database due to the technics I am using to create
it. So this scenery and the [...] and the new
coming [...] scenery are only available from my homepage due to this
rejection which is not my fault (except that I have special technics to
create them)."

This is one of the moderate ones, on the web forum the same author had
been blaming us for playing "Police" due to the same causa and
privately I've recieved EMails containing wordings I'd rather not post
publicly ....

In fact this is a rather delicate issue since quite a few modellers
have rather little understanding beyond the "works for me"-point. The
current, rather moderate list of guidelines is subject to frequent
ignorance. On the other hand I'm happy to report that the topic has
quite a few sunny sides as well since some of 'our' contributors are
_really_ careful about doing things right and are submitting
_excellent_ work !
Another delicate point is the fact that the understanding of
"collaborating as a community" among model contributors covers, to put
it mildly, a wide range of ideas. To be a bit more precise, the "Not
Invented Here"-attitude is pretty much wide spread and some of the
involved people behave as if the primary target of their involvement is
to alienate contributors over to their very own private collection of
models (there's more than just one single prominent case for such
effort).

You, see, the topic is not _that_ easy to deal with, especially
because a) some of the contributors are excellent modellers but not
highly technical people and b) parts of this rather small side-project
resemble a wide political mine field.

Cheerio,
        Martin.