> involved people behave as if the primary target of their involvement is
> to alienate contributors over to their very own private collection of
> models (there's more than just one single prominent case for such
> effort).
>
> You, see, the topic is not _that_ easy to deal with, especially
> because a) some of the contributors are excellent modellers but not
> highly technical people and b) parts of this rather small side-project
> resemble a wide political mine field.

Martin, would some kind of impartial tool help solve this problem?  I
don't know the details of WHY some particular model wouldn't work well in
FG, but wouldn't it be fairly straightforward to createa "model checker"
tool that could help an artist make sure that their model meets some
minimum criteria?  This might go a long way towards avoiding any potential
"political" problems with the process.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007