On 11.02.2011 16:41, Curtis Olson wrote:
>  In addition in an external fly-by you could hear the sound moving
> from one speaker to the other which was really cool.  Now that I think
> about it we may have lost that positional capability in the fly by so
> I don't know if positioning the sound inside the cockpit is working
> any more either?
It should work. We do have a bug report that the Doppler-effect isn't
working on some systems (maybe depending on hardware devices). But no
one has mentioned a problem with the 3D sound yet. And it works for me.
However, it does depend on a/c designers: cockpits are more fun, if
different sound sources are actually located at different positions -
rather than using the same audio position for each effect (copy&paste).

cheers,
Thorsten