Hi Harry,

> Could I ask if via simgear and I assume to alsa behind that, if its
> possible to to get control over the levels of left and right channels
> and hook them on the property tree.
>
> Where I am heading here splitting a single stereo sound device into 2
> mono channels, ie is to be able to steer nav audio to the left like
> for example ils marker tones, and maybe atc chatter or some thing else
> to the right channel.

I'm, not sure I completely understand what you're trying to do.

The SoundManager in SimGear has a software volume control for all
Sources, SoundGroups and for the SoundManager.

At the moment it's not yet possible to drive multiple hardware devices
but there has been a request before to be able to output the
communication devices to a different audio jack than the rest of the
sound effects.

If you want to get deeper into it then you might want to contact me
directly since I'm the author of the SoundManger code.

Erik