On Monday 21 March 2011 19:53:36 thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote:
> > With the clouds issue, I have this feeling that something is amiss with
> > the
> > way clouds are generated, but i can't put my finger on it.. :(.
> > Thorsten, have you done the same test with individual textures instead
> > of a
> > big one ?
>
> Huh? Not sure what you mean, I don't think I have a single instance of
> just one cloud on a texture.
>
> altocumulus_textures.rgb is a sheet containing 9 different textures
> referenced by 10 distinct 2-layer *.ac models - all of which are part of
> the 2500 cloud sheet being generated. So the sheet contains about ~250
> identical copies of each of the 10 distinct models.
>
> Can you be more specific what you'd like to test.

Well that's exactly what I was proposing you to test, split the big texture
into 9 smaller ones, thus making 1texture/model. If the graphic engine is
somehow being "stupid" and forgets that it has already loaded that texture we
should see a dramatic improvement in performance and loading time. (instead of
If the performance stays the same, that means the problem lies elsewhere in
the model placement pipeline.