On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 03:05:28 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
<20110324030528.55839966@celsius.local>:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 05:56:49 +0100, robert...@web.de wrote in message
> <AANLkTimUGMjCn2y=FWw4Avt6tx_5d3M=ywxsetz6w...@mail.gmail.com>:
>
> > > ..maybe Robert can tell us the FG command line etc recipe
> > > he uses to provoke the 1Hz stuttering?
> > >

> > My machine specs are:
> > Athlon64 X2 5200+
> > Samsung HDD
> > Radeon HD 6850 (Had nvidia 8800 GTS before with the same stuttering
> > issues) Debian unstable/experimental
> > Kernels tested: 2.6.32 to 2.6.38 (no difference with stuttering
> > issues) An old SoundBlaster 16 card ( i will try the
> > --disable-sound   parameter and report results later)
> > I use GNOME as my desktop. (same here: will try to minimize
> > autostart-programs in gnome-session-properties and report results
> > later )
> >

> > parameters I use:
> >
> > --enable-fullscreen
> > --fov=60
>
> ..I use --fov=90 and fullscreen routinely, usually 7 to 20fps,

..now 3 on start-up to 6 fps airborne, exiting kills X, so I'll
have to play with bashist error redirections.
An idea is offer error file options down the Debug menu tree.

> no stutter that I can see.
>
> > --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-sample-buffers=true
>
> ..this segfaulted on my 3 day old git, will retest with todays.

..no change.

> > --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-samples=4

..no change, removing this keeps X alive.

> > --enable-real-weather-fetch    (will test without this one and
> > report)

..pls do, I got a wee WTF moment with 12fps on start-up and 44fps
airborne in replay, with --disable-real-weather-fetch and --fov=90.

> --timeofday=noon
> >
> > --callsign=Robert
> > --disable-ai-traffic
>
> ..no change on these.  Hardware is ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 on
> x.org's radeon, display is 1920x1200x32bpp@60Hz, full list:
> https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/blob/master/lshw
>

> > @ThorstenB
> > Thanks, I will try the UFO and maybe alter some XML files later.
> > What system configuration do you use?
> >
> > @Csaba
> > It seems it doesn't matter what CPU or GPU one uses.
> > So it could be the OS or some i/o stuff inside flightgear or OSG.
> > What OS do you use?
>
> ..Debian Sid + Experimental

..xterm buffer tail with landing replay:
The climb rate cannot be higher than the true speed.
The climb rate cannot be higher than the true speed.
Subsystem Timing Alert, subsystem "xml-autopilot": 10.6792ms
Subsystem Timing Alert, subsystem "events": 37.1354ms
r300: ERROR: FS input generic 17 unassigned, not enough hardware slots.
[...]
Timing summary for                nasal.
-  mean time: 0.04 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 2.05 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.24 ms.

Timing summary for                  gui.
-  mean time: 0.06 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 2.94 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.33 ms.

Timing summary for         interpolator.
-  mean time: 0.01 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.23 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.03 ms.

Timing summary for                 time.
-  mean time: 0.04 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 0.90 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.12 ms.

Timing summary for               replay.
-  mean time: 0.90 ms.
-  min time : 0.46 ms.
-  max time : 12.92 ms.
-  stddev   : 1.72 ms.

Timing summary for                input.
-  mean time: 0.25 ms.
-  min time : 0.02 ms.
-  max time : 7.56 ms.
-  stddev   : 1.07 ms.

Timing summary for               logger.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.08 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.01 ms.

Timing summary for                   io.
-  mean time: 0.01 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 0.13 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.02 ms.

Timing summary for        route-manager.
-  mean time: 0.08 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 6.03 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.66 ms.

Timing summary for          environment.
-  mean time: 1.66 ms.
-  min time : 0.06 ms.
-  max time : 18.55 ms.
-  stddev   : 4.00 ms.

Timing summary for           properties.
-  mean time: 0.11 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 6.53 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.71 ms.

Timing summary for            ephemeris.
-  mean time: 0.06 ms.
-  min time : 0.04 ms.
-  max time : 0.94 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.10 ms.

Timing summary for        xml-autopilot.
-  mean time: 0.63 ms.
-  min time : 0.20 ms.
-  max time : 16.86 ms.
-  stddev   : 1.80 ms.

Timing summary for              systems.
-  mean time: 0.03 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 6.44 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.25 ms.

Timing summary for      instrumentation.
-  mean time: 0.30 ms.
-  min time : 0.08 ms.
-  max time : 15.98 ms.
-  stddev   : 1.18 ms.

Timing summary for               flight.
-  mean time: 0.04 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 11.17 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.44 ms.

Timing summary for      Traffic Manager.
-  mean time: 0.06 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 4.67 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.51 ms.

Timing summary for         submodel_mgr.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.01 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for                   mp.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.00 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for                 atis.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.00 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for         tile-manager.
-  mean time: 0.03 ms.
-  min time : 0.02 ms.
-  max time : 0.34 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.03 ms.

Timing summary for         view-manager.
-  mean time: 0.06 ms.
-  min time : 0.05 ms.
-  max time : 0.10 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.01 ms.

Timing summary for        model-manager.
-  mean time: 0.03 ms.
-  min time : 0.03 ms.
-  max time : 0.06 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for       aircraft-model.
-  mean time: 0.01 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 0.06 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.01 ms.

Timing summary for               events.
-  mean time: 1.09 ms.
-  min time : 0.30 ms.
-  max time : 37.14 ms.
-  stddev   : 4.24 ms.

Timing summary for             lighting.
-  mean time: 0.01 ms.
-  min time : 0.01 ms.
-  max time : 0.05 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for                voice.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.00 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

Timing summary for                  hud.
-  mean time: 0.00 ms.
-  min time : 0.00 ms.
-  max time : 0.00 ms.
-  stddev   : 0.00 ms.

AL lib: ALc.c:1420: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 3 Source(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1818: alcCloseDevice(): deleting 2 Buffer(s)

[1]+  Done                    ./run_fgfs.sh --geometry=1920x1200
--httpd=9999 --jpg-httpd=9876 --prop:controls/gear/brake-parking=1
--prop:sim/frame-rate=true --fov=90 --enable-fullscreen
--timeofday=noon --aircraft=c172p --disable-real-weather-fetch
--disable-ai-traffic

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: