On 24.03.2011 14:33, Robert wrote:

    Timing summary for                nasal.
    -  mean time: 0.04 ms.
    -  min time : 0.00 ms.
    -  max time : 2.05 ms.
    -  stddev   : 0.24 ms.

I don't think we have to dig into nasal code like Franz suggested (please correct me if I'm wrong) because as you can see there is no significant amount of time spent in comparison to this:

    Timing summary for               events.
    -  mean time: 1.09 ms.
    -  min time : 0.30 ms.
    -  max time : 37.14 ms.
    -  stddev   : 4.24 ms.

Robert,
you should still look at Nasal. The event manager handles timers, and that's almost exclusively used by Nasal. Almost all the Nasal code runs in timers (except for property listeners). So read "events" as the total execution time for Nasal (timers). The timing data shown for the subsystem "nasal" only refers to the execution time of Nasal internal house keeping (i.e. some garbage collection), but not to the execution of actual Nasal code. Indeed misleading.

The "events" subsystem is also showing a jitter on my machine (but not as bad).

cheers,
Thorsten