On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 05:56:49 +0100, robert...@web.de wrote in message
<AANLkTimUGMjCn2y=FWw4Avt6tx_5d3M=ywxsetz6w...@mail.gmail.com>:

> > ..maybe Robert can tell us the FG command line etc recipe
> > he uses to provoke the 1Hz stuttering?
> >

> My machine specs are:
> Athlon64 X2 5200+
> Samsung HDD
> Radeon HD 6850 (Had nvidia 8800 GTS before with the same stuttering
> issues) Debian unstable/experimental
> Kernels tested: 2.6.32 to 2.6.38 (no difference with stuttering
> issues) An old SoundBlaster 16 card ( i will try the
> --disable-sound   parameter and report results later)
> I use GNOME as my desktop. (same here: will try to minimize
> autostart-programs in gnome-session-properties and report results
> later )
>

> parameters I use:
>
> --enable-fullscreen
> --fov=60

..I use --fov=90 and fullscreen routinely, usually 7 to 20fps,
no stutter that I can see.

> --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-sample-buffers=true

..this segfaulted on my 3 day old git, will retest with todays.

> --prop:/sim/rendering/multi-samples=4
>

> --enable-real-weather-fetch    (will test without this one and report)
> --timeofday=noon
>
> --callsign=Robert
> --disable-ai-traffic

..no change on these.  Hardware is ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 on
x.org's radeon, display is 1920x1200x32bpp@60Hz, full list:
https://github.com/gasguru/flightgearthings/blob/master/lshw

> @ThorstenB
> Thanks, I will try the UFO and maybe alter some XML files later.
> What system configuration do you use?
>
> @Csaba
> It seems it doesn't matter what CPU or GPU one uses.
> So it could be the OS or some i/o stuff inside flightgear or OSG.
> What OS do you use?

..Debian Sid + Experimental

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: