> What could you possibly be sending via telnet that would require
> "performance"?  Seriously, the _only_ time you should be sending data
> TO the simulator is if a control state changed.  I seriously doubt it's
> physically possible for you to fiddle with enough switches & knobs
> simultaneously to overload the ability of the telnet interface
> to process the events.  If you're trying to use the telnet interface
> for pitch/roll/yaw/throttle inputs, then yeah, that would be a Bad
> Idea(tm) - FG has good built-in joystick handling and you shouldn't
> try to handle that externally unless there is some kind of compelling
> reason to do so.

Actually ... there is, I kinda like the idea of building my own hardware Yoke
and Pedals, and not use any plastic toy at all. You know, just for fun, no
need, out of curiosity :-)

Anyway, both input and output with a telnet connection causes that little bit
of delay that makes it not realistic at all! No matter if it's FGFS getting its
Yoke movements, or an external Gear Status Indicator receiving its state from
FGFS, it all happens with that little delay that I really won't accept. I never
got less than 1/10th of a second of delay with Telnet ... that's noticeable,
believe me. I simply don't like it.

I think Telnet will still be very usefull for other stuff, something that does
not need a precise synchronization with the simulator.
Feel free to provide me new hints on using proficiently Telnet+FGFS, I'm still
open-minded about that :-)