Hi Chris,

Glad the rough 'fixes' I provided worked a little
for you... have yet to clone your 'papillon81'
clone, and try it... but...

While it is agreed on this list everyone seems to
really _LOVE_ extreme brevity, (perhaps except
me ;=)), your post just did not tell me
enough ;=((

I searched the entire terragear-cs source for -
"Default=", and did not get a single hit, well
one "... Default=%s\n", out_file)", but that's
obviously not it, so no idea where to look ;=((

Maybe the output is in simgear, or some of the
other libraries that are included in fgfs-construct...

Spaces and case are vitally important...

But what is the console output immediately prior
this 'continuous' output? Maybe that would provide
more clues as to where it is in the processing...

It is clear fgfs-construct is getting 'stuck'
somewhere, but simply need more information...

It is certainly _NOT_ 'normal' behavior, and
historically (I assume Curt ;=)) implemented some
draconian 'rlimit' - setrlimit(RLIMIT_CPU,<timeout>),
to abort after a period of time, which is just
NOT available in my WIN32 environment, to avoid
such a 'forever' loop...

At the time I understand, they were building the
WHOLE WORLD world of scenery, and did not want the
process 'stuck' on some bucket, or group of
buckets...

So while I also now play with a Ubuntu linux build,
I try HARD to find 'other' solutions for WIN32...
like finding, and fixing the 'reason' for such
'forever' loops...

So with more information, maybe we can track
down, and 'fix' it, forever ;=))

But, _BUT_, be aware, some others, who have tried
my 'fixes', including myself ;=)), especially regarding
the 'priorities' have succeeded in only producing
really _MESSED_ up scenery - see -
 http://geoffair.org/tmp/mess-01.ppm
or
 http://geoffair.org/tmp/mess-02.jpg
and these were generated using my modified
WIN32 fgfs construct exe -
 http://geoffair.org/fg/fgfs-054.htm#downloads
so I feel I am very _FAR_ from the solution ;=((

Any input from others, with knowledge, would
really HELP...

Regards,
Geoff.