Geoff McLane wrote:

> Thanks. It is good to know that the -
> Default=x, where x = 0-2 is 'normal', but
> Chris reported that it was still running after
> 6 hours, or more... and still unable to exactly
> find where this is output, in the code...

You won't be able to find Default in the sources as the output is
"Landclass = x", "Default" being Landmass. So there might be something wrong
in this direction.

> And Chris, you can see some of the comments
> associated with the 2009 patch to the rlimits
> code you pointed to are NOT correct!
>
> Even at that time any attempt to limit
> memory use was abandoned, and the CPU timeout
> was doubled...
>
> Like it seems you have done, this 'limit' is
> really NOT applicable to a specific area
> generation, as apposed to a whole world
> generation, using server/client, so like you,
> I 'chop' this 'rlimit' code completely...

I put the patch back in, too.

> Some, like Gijs, and myself, are working on
> a GUI to assist in this scenery generation,
> but the important issue IS making sure the
> TG tools work well, otherwise such a GUI is
> rather pointless...

Exactly, and as long as we don't have a new terrain engine in FG, more
efforts have to be put into TG, if we don't want to end up in a mess,
scenery-wise.

Chris