why not simply change the fgfs licence once and for all? Android is not all GPL
anymore...we could do the very same.-

--- On Wed, 6/8/11, Gene Buckle <ge...@deltasoft.com> wrote:

From: Gene Buckle <ge...@deltasoft.com>
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] "Pro Flight Simulator"
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 2:54 AM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:20:32 -0700 (PDT), Gene wrote in message
> <alpine.lfd.2.00.1106071419190.27...@grumble.deltasoft.com>:

>>> ..music and images such as logos and liveries, also qualify
>>> as content, and I believe pirated music is the most common
>>> cause of take down notices.
>>>
>> ...and unless you're the one that created the music, logos or
>> liveries, that's fraud.
>
> ..correct, is why I suggest the logo and livery authors do it. ;o)
> And I agree I should have made that point more clearly.

...and showing video of logos & liveries is no more a copyright violation
than my making a movie with FlightGear & FRAPS would be.

Look, if there was a legal way to stop these jackass thieves, it would
have been taken care of already.  You really need to stop talking about
crap you know nothing about.  Some poor soul is going to take you at your
word and get him/herself into a world of hurt because of it.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

by the clean end.