Hi all,

Athanasios Goritsas (cc-d) created a nice Falke 3D model with a basic
Yasim profile, based on the aircraft he flew with. I would like to
develop his model further (I'm doing my PPL on the real thing atm). We
would both like to see it in Git (under a GPL license), maybe more
people would join in developing it further. (If you need a statement on
this directly from Athanasios, as he's the primary author, let us know.)

In the meantime, could you please check out the plane and shed some
light to some Yasim parameters. You can grab it from
http://www.avatarzenekar.hu/files/sf25b.tar.bz2

The biggest issue with the FDM is that the plane does not seem to have
enough drag -- it easily goes over Vne, and it's impossible to land
without spoilers unless you stop the engine (and even then it takes
forever). Compared to the Grob 109, I had to use an absolutely huge drag
multiplier to force the bird down (150 instead of 2.5). 150 is probably
a bit much -- maybe 100-120 would be enough, but I think the airframe or
the wings are just not generating enough drag.

Not sure if I did a good enough job with the fixed prop. The diameter
should be correct, not sure about the rest. My school's falke has the 2L
engine and it spins up to about 2600 when stopped. No idea about the
prop's most efficient speed and horsepower values are pretty much guesses.

Anyway, please let us know if this is good enough to go into the repo,
and any suggestions for improvement. Some (working) 3D instrument panel
would be great, but I have no idea how to make that. Any pointers on
that would be very much appreciated. Since Falkes have fairly varying
instrumentation, even a copy of the Grob 109's panel could be OK.

Ah, and the splash screens I've made do not load. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vik