Hi Geoff,

thanks for testing! Indeed, I forgot the texture, sorry about that. It is
included in a new package: http://www.mediafire.com/?q99zyzkyu2tw04w

For further testing, I wrote a small python script which fills a rectangular
area at EHLE (because it's mostly flat there, so I can use hardcoded
elevation) with an arbitraty number of objects (all copies of that coco
palm). Could you please give it a try and see if you find any strange
behaviour with, say, 5k, 10k, 20k objects?

Usage:

backup Objects/e000n50/e005n52/3040154.stg first!

tar xzf Objects.tar.gz
cd Objects/e000n50/e005n52
./place_objs.py 5000
then start fgfs at EHLE

On machine (much slower than yours: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 1.5GB DDR), FG hangs
when using ~2300 objects.

Thanks,
Tom