> I could add a check every time autopilot is engaged to disable it
> while autopilot is active , but my real question is ,
> can it be removed from the code ? It consists of three lines in
> flightgear/src/Aircraft/controls.cxx , but it seems
> that this should be handled by the autopilot system.

Being a mouse pilot, I'm using auto-coordination...

My understanding is that the AP system is quite different from airplane to
airplane, and not all planes have a working AP at all, so if you remove auto
coordination from the code, then I end up not having it in most of the planes.

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

auto-coordination is runtime property controlled - if it interferes with you
AP, it should be a one-liner to de-activate it whenever AP is engaged and a
three liner to reset it to the state it was before when AP is disengaged.
What's the problem with that approach?

* Thorsten